The athletic body is put through a lot of rigorous and strenuous activity. Often this occurs for a substantial amount of time, maybe even an unrealistic amount of time- especially when preparing for an event or competition.
One thing an athlete can’t afford is to miss out on training, so when injured, it’s vital to seek safe, effective guidance and solutions. Chiropractic care is one of the most common ways to treat sports injuries because the techniques are reliable, natural, non-invasive, and generally have little or no downtime.
This article will tell you:
- Why you have a sports injury
- The symptoms of a sports-related injury
- How chiropractic services can help your sports injury
- Benefits of chiropractic care for athletes
- And more
Let’s get into it…
Why Athletes Get Injured
When the body is used to excess, injuries are the risk. For most athletes, the risk is justified, and workouts and trainings remain in place so the body is prepared to participate.
Injuries may occur for various reasons; maybe the athlete was involved in a traumatic accident, perhaps inaccurate techniques have become habitual, or maybe insufficient warmups are the culprit. Whatever the case, finding the cause of your discomfort is pivotal to your performance.
Common sports-related injuries include:
- Sprains and strains
- Overuse injuries
- Inflammation to the soft tissues
- Disc herniations or disc bulges
- Tennis elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles, ankle, and foot injuries
- Knee injuries
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shin splints
- And others
It’s important to seek medical support at the first signs of discomfort. Doing so will ensure the body gets the proper treatment, that the pain doesn’t worsen, and that the integrity of the body gets and remains intact.
Because sports injuries run the gamut, symptoms do too.
Common symptoms associated with sports injuries include:
- Shoulder pain
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Elbow pain
- Loss of range of motion
- Flexibility loss
- Radiating pain
- Inability to focus
- Difficulty sleeping
- Mental stress
- And others
We know you don’t want to lose all the work you’ve put in, so get the holistic chiropractic help your body is yearning for.
Chiropractic Care to Cure Your Sports Injury & End Your Pain
Chiropractors pull from various safe, comprehensive techniques that encourage a responsible, healthy lifestyle. We don’t rely on pain medication to mask your discomforts but rather find the cause of your pain and cure it at the source.
Some chiropractic services that treat sports injuries include:
- Chiropractic adjustments- targeted manual thrusts that realign and balance the spine and other areas, promoting full function and comfort
- Active Release Technique (ART)- using movement and stretching exercises, this therapy restores proper movement patterns and heals soft tissues
- Sports chiropractic therapies- determining the cause of your pain will allow us to implement the right treatment for your unique needs and athletic goals
- And others
Working with a chiropractor for your sports injury has several advantages, and they’re not just physical.
We’ve seen the following benefits of chiropractic solutions firsthand:
- Improved comfort, flexibility, and movement patterns
- Improved sleep quality
- Improved focus and performance
- Decreased mental and emotional stress
- Increased stamina
- Increased strength
- Improved joint and soft tissue function and health
- And more
Preventative and proactive care is always best, so if you’re preparing for an event, talk to a chiropractor to see how you can keep your body safe throughout your athletic journey. While strengthening and guidance can’t secure your safety, they may minimize the effects and symptoms, getting you back out there faster and more confident.
Visit Our Centennial Chiropractic Clinic for Your Sports Injury
Don’t get frustrated and give up on your goals, and don’t push through your pain without the right tools to ensure your safety. Our sports chiropractic team is ready to get your body in optimal shape, so it can support you and keep you protected before, during, and after your event.
If you’re ready to end your symptoms by curing the cause of them, contact us today, we’re ready, too.
Darcy SullivanContact Me